Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer update

Life has been marching onward! We went to the county fair today and had a lot of fun. The evening ended for myself and Tassie with part of a Joan Jett performance. Since we live just blocks from the fairgrounds we had gone home for supper, and we'd left Porter and Millie at home so Millie could go to sleep. Halfway through the concert Tassie and I went home so Porter could go back to the fairgrounds to listen to the second half of the concert. It was pretty impressive, to see Jett play. I was also proud of my daughter, as she and I were some of the only people in the crowd dancing! Couldn't believe it. 

In September I leave my "extended training" in the intermediate care unit and move back to the ICU. It's a welcome change, although I am a little more educated about just how stressful it could be. I'm not worried, though. I've always been comfortable in the intermediate care unit and it is basically just a progression from there. Not that I don't have a healthy respect for the differences and difficulties specific to the ICU :)

Tassie turned four this summer; Millie turns two this November! I had to check myself that it's really two that she's turning. It had gone by so fast. Also, I've been working as an RN for a year now! That's crazy  

As a friend recently told me, "life is good but the daily grind is hard!" Life is generally good but occasionally it's a struggle just to keep up washing  distress, wiping dirty faces and putting the kiddos to sleep. Alright, more than occasionally :p 

We still primarily use our bikes and trailer for transportation. I have been keeping track with Strava, a phone app and I average about 55 miles a week. It is amazingly satisfying. I don't have to make time for regular exercise because it's built into my life. My quads are rocks, too :) I feel mostly for Porter because while I sometimes haul the girls in the trailer, he almost always has to cart them around, and the girls by themselves weigh well over 60 pounds. He also, admirably, does the grocery shopping and whatnot without a car. 

1 comment: